On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me… stress, stress, and more stress! While the holiday season is filled with creating memories, seeing loved ones, copious amounts of food and laughter, it is also filled with more stress than most of the other eleven months of the year. If you seek to get away from your aunt who won’t leave you alone about getting married, or your mother-in-law who criticizes your cooking (with the best of intentions I am sure), then look to these five ideas for how to de-stress during the 2017 holiday season. Don’t worry, no uncle jokes will be told at these five amazing businesses.
- Ocean Vayu Yoga – Ocean View, Delaware – Voted Best of 2017 by Delaware Today, Ocean Vayu Yoga is one of the top yoga studios in Delaware. Offering classes such as Ashtanga Vinyasa, Vinyasa Flow, Gentle, Prenatal, Chair, Restorative and Yoga for beginners, private lessons and even Tai Chai. There is a class for every level. They also have a fantastic retail section with Yoga mats, towels, clothing, jewelry, crystals and so much more. Check out their website and classes page to pick your next hour getaway.
- It’s All About You Massage & Bodywork – Smyrna, Delaware – If you haven’t been in to see Karyn Malloch-Bailey and her phenomenal staff at It’s All About You Massage & Bodywork in Smyrna, you are truly missing out. Karyn is one of the most compassionate and talented massage therapists in our state. Her studio specializes in therapy treatments of all kinds including Hot Stone, Bamboo-fusion, Deep Tissue, Lymphatic, pregnancy, and much more. The studio also provides sugar scrubs, facials, Reiki, and monthly packages. Keep an eye on the studio’s Facebook page where customers can learn about the latest products and services, including a special beginning on December 13th where they will be offering one discount a day until Christmas – The Twelve Days of Discounts that are all about you!
- Murder Mystery Dinner – A Game’s Afoot for Holmes for the Holidays – Delaware City, Delaware – Presented by the Reedy Point Players is a Sherlock Holmes-esque murder mystery dinner at the Delaware City Community Center between Friday, December 15th and Sunday, December 17th. Join the dinner party as you taken back in time to December 1936. Actor William Gillette, known for playing Sherlock Holmes, invites his fellow cast members to his castle in Connecticut for a weekend of fun. One of the guests is stabbed to death and the weekend turns into a dangerous vacation. Gillette assumes the spirit of his role as Holmes to track down the killer before someone else is hurt next. Danger and hilarity await during this holiday whodunit! Check out their Facebook page to keep up with the Reedy Point Players and A Game’s Afoot for Holmes for the Holidays.
- Governor’s Cafe Wine Bar – Dover, Delaware – Not many folks are aware that there is a lovely wine bar in the heart of our state’s capital. Nestled inside the historic Governor’s Cafe is its very own wine bar featuring reds, whites and sparkling wines, many of which from the west coast. If you’re looking for a new red or a sparkling wine to enjoy with a friend after a long day of shopping at the mall, this wine bar is the perfect spot to relax and unwind.
- Crooked Hammock Brewery Tour – Lewes, Delaware – This tour is perfect for both men and women. Enjoy a tour for four people for $25 per person that includes 4 oz. beer samples, a full pint of beer, a commemorative Perfectly Crooked Brew Tour mug, and a Crooked Hammock beer koozie. Tours are available Wednesdays at 5:30 PM and on Saturdays at 11:00 AM and they can be booked directly through their website. Try your pallet with the Wonderfest Winter Warmer, Olde Butternutz Old Ale, or the Backyard Brown Ale, or any of the other tasty craft beers that Crooked Hammock brews on-site.
Whatever you choose to decide on for a moment of relaxation this season, I hope you have a happy and healthy holiday with as little stress as possible! Remember to take time for yourself as you give generously to everyone else.